We are pleased to announce the following career opportunities within Southeastern Virginia Health System (SEVHS). To apply for a posted position, please fax your resume and cover letter along with your completed application to (757) 952-2577 or email to email@example.com. Please indicate which position you are applying for. Positions are considered open until filled. SEVHS reserves the right at its sole discretion to close/cancel any open position at anytime. Applications are only accepted for posted positions. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. (Applications are considered active for a period of ninety (90) days)
EOE/Drug Free/Criminal background checks
Click on the job title for more information.
This full-time position is located in Chesapeake, VA
Seeking a full-time Bilingual (Spanish/English) Referrals Coordinator to work in our centralized referrals department located in Chesapeake. Arrange for consultation and hospital procedure appointments for patients under the direct orders of physicians. • Notifies the patients by telephone and/or letter of the appointment arrangements. • Keep records of appointment referrals by scanning into the patients’ chart. • Mails letters to patients who have missed their appointments. • Calls for results of tests and/or other information from the hospital or other medical facilities/ offices as requested by physicians or nurses. • Assists in chart audits for Quality Assurance as necessary. • Maintains manual and computerized tracking system for consultation and hospital procedure appointment. • Provides written reports and other information related to referrals as requested. This position requires a highly-organized individual with the ability to follow up and follow through on outstanding items.
Seeking Nurses for Newport News, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake
The staff nurse reports administratively to the Charge Nurse and works under the direct supervision of a staff physician.
- Exhibits excellent customer service when interacting with patients, whether it be in-person or on the telephone.
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications, per physician orders and SEVHS polices/procedures/protocols.
- Administers injections, and carries out technical procedures (e.g. EKG, nebulizer treatments, etc.) when assigned, and then promptly documents in the EMR.
- Prepares certain specimens for diagnostic laboratory services.
- Performs medical screening procedures (e.g. audiogram, vision screenings), as directed, and then promptly documents findings in the EMR.
- Maintains proper storage and handling of equipment, supplies, and drugs (including checking crash cart and sample medication closet as assigned).
- Facilitates and maintains an orderly clinical atmosphere (e.g. cleans and adequately prepares rooms, and all work areas; keeps exam rooms and medicine closets adequately stocked; etc.).
- Encourages patient/family compliance to medical therapy, at the direction of the physician.
- Assists physicians with specialized medical procedures.
- Accurately attains and documents vital signs and other required information in the EMR, and promptly notifies the physician of any abnormalities (i.e. vital signs).
- Attends and participates in nursing in-service education programs and staff meetings.
- Effectively triages patients and directs them toward the next level of care.
- Completes follow-up of abnormal diagnostic reports, and completes associated EMR encounters.
- Participates in all required reporting and documenting procedures.
- Assists in referrals, follow-up visits, and abnormal diagnostic reports.
- Properly documents all procedures, immunizations, lab work and supplies for billing accuracy.
- Performs all assigned/required/routine duties safely and efficiently.
Education/Experience – Any combination of education and experience providing the required knowledge and skills required. Typical qualification would be equivalent to:
Education – Satisfactory completion of a state approved practical nursing program.
Experience – Must have 1-3 years experience in an outpatient medical practice, with at least one year in a community health center preferred. (New graduates may be considered, based upon school performance.)
Knowledge – Principles of basic nursing care, proper medical record documentation and patient tracking activities performed in medical practices.
Skills – Must have the ability to communicate with physicians and staff. Must be skilled in performing physical assessments, and in detecting and reporting abnormalities. Must be organized and committed to detail. Must be skilled in the use of medical equipment and, in the performance of procedures, including but not limited to nebulizers, EKG machines, and fetal heart monitors.
Licenses – Must possess a valid license to practice in the state of Virginia, as a result of a written exam for practical nursing. As appropriate, must possess a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, a good driving record, and a have a willingness to utilize own vehicle, as needed, to travel in connection with employment.
Phlebotomist for Newport News office
- Performs phlebotomy procedures in a courteous and professional manner as ordered by the providers.
- Performs phlebotomies under strict infection control protocol and procedures (e.g. wears lab coat and gloves following OSHA requirements, hand hygiene, etc.)
- Performs and ensures the proper coding and labeling of all laboratory specimens.
- Reconciles all laboratory reports daily.
- Processes lab specimens sent to reference labs.
- Performs assigned lab tests as stated in procedures which includes the following In House labs: Hemoglobin, Urine Dip, Urine HcG, Strep A, Rapid HIV, Glucometer, Hemoglobin A1C. Enters all results into the EMR system.
- Performs quarterly proficiency testing; maintains proper documentation, processing and reporting of testing.
- Reports abnormal results to providers in a timely fashion.
- Performs controls on all in-house test; Keeps accurate parallel testing logs for In house test.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is located in Newport News, VA
|Exemplary Duties and Responsibilities – Answers phones in reference to billing questions, refilling of insurances that have not paid, refilling of insurances that are retroactive. Post all insurance payments, personal payments, medical record payments, and attorney payments that come through the mail for all SEVHS sites. Enter all denials that are included on remittances onto accounts and make any adjustments that are required through sliding fee, family planning, etc. Correct accounts that have been denied by insurance to the correct insurance and re-file claims. This involves calling insurance companies throughout the day to retrieve the correct information in order to receive payment. Call insurances that have denied claims to acquire the correct information as to why denied and if correct. Have insurance claims reprocessed with the correct information. Enter all checks received to a transmittal and spread the transmittal after payments have been posted and balanced to the correct insurance financial coding for tracking of A/R. Correct patient account information, which has been entered incorrectly. Change addresses that have come through the mail with personal payments. Submit refund requests and then enter them in the system once they have been returned back to correct the account balance. Send out provider inquiries, 151 adjustments, UGS adjustments, MCIAD adjustments for correction of incorrect payments or denials.|
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Completion of twelfth (12) grade with concentration in business math, financial record keeping; or other job-related courses; preferably with a degree in Business Management.
- Four (4) years progressively responsible experience in maintenance of medical, financial, fiscal and related statistical records.
Skills/Knowledge: Attention to detail, organized, ability to track information and follow up. Excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills both orally and in writing. Experience with electronic medical record systems.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.