We are pleased to announce the following career opportunities within Southeastern Virginia Health System (SEVHS). To apply for a posted position, please fax your resume and cover letter along with your completed application to (757) 952-2577 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are applying for. Positions are considered open until filled. SEVHS reserves the right at its sole discretion to close/cancel any open position at anytime. Applications are only accepted for posted positions. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. (Applications are considered active for a period of ninety (90) days)
EOE/Drug Free/Criminal background checks
Click on the job title for more information.
We have several opportunities available throughout our centers located in – Newport News, Virginia Beach, Suffolk and Franklin. Please submit your CV to email@example.com. We will follow up with you to discuss our opportunities and your interest in our organization.
Physicians are responsible for the management of all medical care for his/her patients to include the provision of medical treatment and advice to patients as indicated. Arranges or causes to be arranged, secondary, tertiary, or specialized care as required; monitors patient progress directly or in concert with a consulting medical provider; responds to emergencies; encourages health maintenance; maintains appropriate records for accurate billing of all inpatient and outpatient procedures in a timely fashion.
- Providing healthcare to the community for almost 40 years
- We are a Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Our facilities are accredited by the Joint Commission
- Onsite Laboratory Services (CLIA/COLA Certified)
- Provide referrals Coordination
- Health Educators
- Case Management Services
- Medication Assistance Coordinators
- Use Electronic Medical Records
- Patients have access to their records through the Patient Portal
- Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, Dental Services
- We believe in educating our patients, promoting prevention and providing access to care
Seeking Nurses for Newport News, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake
The staff nurse reports administratively to the Charge Nurse and works under the direct supervision of a staff physician.
- Exhibits excellent customer service when interacting with patients, whether it be in-person or on the telephone.
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications, per physician orders and SEVHS polices/procedures/protocols.
- Administers injections, and carries out technical procedures (e.g. EKG, nebulizer treatments, etc.) when assigned, and then promptly documents in the EMR.
- Prepares certain specimens for diagnostic laboratory services.
- Performs medical screening procedures (e.g. audiogram, vision screenings), as directed, and then promptly documents findings in the EMR.
- Maintains proper storage and handling of equipment, supplies, and drugs (including checking crash cart and sample medication closet as assigned).
- Facilitates and maintains an orderly clinical atmosphere (e.g. cleans and adequately prepares rooms, and all work areas; keeps exam rooms and medicine closets adequately stocked; etc.).
- Encourages patient/family compliance to medical therapy, at the direction of the physician.
- Assists physicians with specialized medical procedures.
- Accurately attains and documents vital signs and other required information in the EMR, and promptly notifies the physician of any abnormalities (i.e. vital signs).
- Attends and participates in nursing in-service education programs and staff meetings.
- Effectively triages patients and directs them toward the next level of care.
- Completes follow-up of abnormal diagnostic reports, and completes associated EMR encounters.
- Participates in all required reporting and documenting procedures.
- Assists in referrals, follow-up visits, and abnormal diagnostic reports.
- Properly documents all procedures, immunizations, lab work and supplies for billing accuracy.
- Performs all assigned/required/routine duties safely and efficiently.
Education/Experience – Any combination of education and experience providing the required knowledge and skills required. Typical qualification would be equivalent to:
Education – Satisfactory completion of a state approved practical nursing program.
Experience – Must have 1-3 years experience in an outpatient medical practice, with at least one year in a community health center preferred. (New graduates may be considered, based upon school performance.)
Knowledge – Principles of basic nursing care, proper medical record documentation and patient tracking activities performed in medical practices.
Skills – Must have the ability to communicate with physicians and staff. Must be skilled in performing physical assessments, and in detecting and reporting abnormalities. Must be organized and committed to detail. Must be skilled in the use of medical equipment and, in the performance of procedures, including but not limited to nebulizers, EKG machines, and fetal heart monitors.
Licenses – Must possess a valid license to practice in the state of Virginia, as a result of a written exam for practical nursing. As appropriate, must possess a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, a good driving record, and a have a willingness to utilize own vehicle, as needed, to travel in connection with employment.